Monday, January 23, 2012

Finding the fun

Want to hear a funny story? I have got a lot of them, and they come from things that happened in my ordinary, everyday life. Now, I was not laughing when those stories were in the making, but I am glad I can laugh about them now.

For example, I did not think it was funny when I could not get my hair to stay in place, but if you could seen what I did about it, you certainly would have laughed. It was not amusing when I tried to make clothes, especially for the people who had to wear them. And I was so irritated when Dave threw paper towels over the grocery store aisle at me, but I realize now, he just knew how to have a little fun no matter what he was doing. I am glad I have learned to look at times like these and see the humor in them.

Now I know that not everything in life is necessarily enjoyable, but I think we all need to learn to have more fun in our lives. And I bet if you took time to think about it every day, you could find a moment that brought you joy or you can laugh about now.

God wants His children to have some fun. The Bible says a merry heart does good like medicine. I think we all need a healthy dose of laughter everyday - many times during the day. You just can not overdose on joy!

I encourage you to deliberately look for something to smile or laugh about every day, and be sure to share a smile or a laugh with someone else and brighten their day too!

Prayer starter: Lord, Your Word says that a cheerful heart is like good medicine. Thank You for helping me to find the joy and fun in life!

**Joyce Meyer


Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones.


No comments:

Post a Comment